Wireless I/O Gateway ARR600 is a member of ABB’s Arctic product family and part of its 600 Wireless Gateway product series.
The Wireless I/O ARR600 includes integrated digital and analog inputs and outputs. Remote applications, such as overhead sectionalizers, can be connected and controlled via the ARR600. The gateway also serves as a generic I/O interface – for example substation alarms or temperature measurements can be transmitted to a central monitoring system. ARR600 gateways also include the functionality of ARG600 and ARP600 gateways.
Wireless I/O Gateway ARR600 can be utilized for various industrial and utility applications to maximize the following benefits:
- Built-in I/O capability enables remote monitoring and control of switching devices
- Integrated protocol conversion – enables connecting legacy serial-based devices into a TCP/IP-based supervisory control system (SCADA)
- Ideal for retrofitting – allows the user to extend the life cycle of existing serial-based substation devices thanks to the integrated protocol converter
- Remote access to field devices means less site visits for operations and maintenance
- Industrial grade TCP/IP router: Several serial and TCP/IP based field devices can be integrated into a central supervisory and control system (SCADA)
- Optimizing the cost of communication by using public cellular networks