Wireless Gateway ARG600 is a member of ABB’s Arctic product family and part of its 600 Wireless Gateway product series.
With the Wireless Gateway ARG600 the Ethernet and serial devices can be attached to a TCP/IP based control system. DNP3.0 serial devices can be also attached to a DNP3 TCP SCADA system. In this case DNP3.0 protocol is transferred just over TCP/IP communication (transparent serial gateway mode).
Wireless Gateway ARG600 can be utilized in various industrial and utility applications to maximize the following benefits:
- Industrial grade TCP/IP router: Several serial and TCP/IP based field devices can be integrated into a central supervisory and control system (SCADA)
- Ideal for retrofitting – allows the user to extend the life cycle of existing serial-based substation devices
- Remote access to field devices means less site visits for operations and maintenance
- Optimizing the cost of communication by using public cellular networks
- Possibility to upgrade from existing legacy private radio system to a high bandwidth cellular network based solution. This allows you to fully maximize usage of the existing application. For example video surveillance traffic can now be integrated into the same system.